- 28 years of experience riding a variety of breeds and disciplines
- 21 years instructing and training in a variety of disciplines
- Certified english and western riding instructor through Certified Horsemanship Association (CHA) since 2002.
- Equestrian Canada Licensed Coach
- Equine Science Certificate with Distinction from the University of Guelph
- NCCPT / ISSA Certified Personal Trainer (for human fitness)
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist (for human athletes)
- 10 years working at a busy riding school teaching all levels of groups, privates, guiding trail rides, starting colts, caring for boarded horses
- 10 subsequent years operating Diversity Horsemanship as the owner, barn manager, instructor, and trainer
- Work experience with racehorses at Muskoka Farms, Australia.
- Work experience and received coaching in jumping, dressage, and stable management in London, England, at Mote End Farm, for 12 months.
- In Manitoba, Canada- apprenticed with Reining trainer Guy Robertson, and rode with Dressage instructor/trainer Elaine Banfield. She continued lessons with both these mentors over the subsequent years.
- Horse Production and Management Certificate from the University of Manitoba
- Equine First Aid Training
- Human First Aid Training kept current
- B.A with Distinction in Psychology from the University of Manitoba.
- Also studied Sport Psychology, Human Anatomy & Physiology at the University of Manitoba
- Ridewell Performance Coach
Chelsea incorporates all of the above experience and knowledge into her own diverse teaching method! Chelsea loves to help riders smash their goals, while prioritizing human safety, and well- being of the horse. Chelsea helps riders communicate more effectively with horses, and to teach horses to be more respectful and responsive- resulting in stronger and more enjoyable horse- rider partnerships. Chelsea has had coaching with a variety of instructors and clinicians over the years, so she is no stranger to being a student. She has taught hundreds of horse- rider combinations. If a rider has a challenge- Chelsea has dozens of exercises to help to find a solution. Chelsea is always taking opportunities to improve her teaching through furthering education. She is dedicated to lifelong learning and sharing that knowledge with others.
Chelsea has a knack for helping horses move better, learn lateral movements, get softer, more supple, more responsive, and therefore to reach their potential!
For riders she has an eye that will catch just about anything, helping riders gain more awareness of what their body is doing- and how that impacts the horse.
At 29 years old, Chelsea purchased her own facility in Stonewall, MB, and moved Diversity Horsemanship to the new location, where the business operates today. In 2014 she worked as a stunt double for the lead actress on the TV series the Pinkertons and appeared in several episodes.
Chelsea has written an illustrative how-to guide (Rider Fitness) which helps riders learn how to do off the horse exercises between rides which help with various riding skills and challenges.
"Improve Your Riding Through Exercise" can be purchased at Diversity Horsemanship for $23.50, or bought as an ebook or hard copy at http://thebp.site/121771
Currently Chelsea is enjoying showing in reining, and has trained and competed as an NRHA Professional for the past 5 years, and also loves riding dressage and working equitation, and participating in various clinics to further her education and skill sets.
Her latest project is creating an online learning platform for Rider Corrective Exercise, set to launch in 2022. Chelsea is very excited to help many more riders with their body awareness, correcting muscle imbalances, increasing symmetry, improving flexibility, strength, and co-ordination in equestrian-specific ways!
She is currently enrolled in the Academy of Animal Sport Science Equine Rehabilitation course, to further her quest in promoting soundness and optimal movement in horses.
"Unlocking Horse's and Rider's Possibilities"